IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"David Morgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
16 Oct 2007 08:27:34 -0400Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:27:34 -0400
Hello everyone.  In the last entry I posted, I wrote that I am working with the Maryland Department of Budget and Management (DBM) and the Department of Juvenile Services (DJS) to update a 2-year-old exam for entry-level candidates.  The job analysis survey (relevant to seven classifications) included 96 task statements, 99 KSAO statements, and demographic information as well.

A total of 54 of 148 SMEs responded to the survey.  As the data analysis proceeds, it will be necessary to assess reliabilities, check interrater agreement, conduct multiple regressions using KSAOs as predictors and each of the job duties as regressands, etc.  All of this information will be reported in my final technical report, which I will present to both agencies.

Once the job analysis is complete, we will then begin updating the entry-level exam.  I will keep you posted on our progress.  I welcome any suggestions you may have to facilitate this project.  Thank you.

DM