IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Daniel Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
11 Feb 2008 18:17:03 -0500Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:17:03 -0500

Hello,

My name is Daniel Robbins. I am a graduate student at the University of Baltimore in I/O program and I am doing a practicum this semester with the Maryland State Highway Administration. As per the requirements of this practicum, I will be posting updates on the progress of this project bi-weekly. The project that I am completing is a job analysis for the Highway Operations Technicians or HOTs. This job analysis will be used to assess the currency of certification tests used to promote through the four levels of HOT. I began this project about three weeks ago. During the past three weeks I have contacted and spoke to a HOT IV, the highest level of HOT, and gathered information on the position. I also observed HOT employees on two separate occasions at the traffic operations center in Baltimore. I have written a preliminary task list and I am scheduled to go to the traffic operations center in Fredrick to further observe, check the accuracy of the list I have written, and to clarify some areas that have to come light while I was writing the list. I'll keep you all posted on how this project turns out in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Dan