IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Sharon Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:01:02 +0000
Position opening. Please let Dr. Mitchell, Dr. Thompson, or I know if you have an interest in any of the postings.

Best
Sharon

From: "Trautman, Thomas W - Washington, DC" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:57 AM
To: Thomas Mitchell <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, Sharon Glazer <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: USPS Management Foundations Program

Hi Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Glazer,

I just received an email about the next year's Management Foundation Program at USPS that I thought might be of interest to your students, particularly upcoming graduates seeking full time positions. There are several Human Resources positions open. I'll post the introduction here, I have a list of trainee positions and application instructions for those who are interested.

Thank you for expressing interest in the United States Postal Service's Management Foundations Program! USPS is an excellent place to launch your career. Below is a brief description of the Management Foundations Program and "How to Apply" Instructions. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience as these jobs will close 3/30/2016.

The Management Foundations Program is cohort based and trainees will be placed in business units across the organization. It is a developmental program that fosters professional growth through mentoring relationships and training. This program also provides executive support and exposure. The Management Foundations Program is an 18 month, full-time paid rotational program. Provided the trainee is meeting performance goals and expectations, he/she will receive a merit and position increase after 12 months and 18 months. After the 18 month program, the trainee will be placed into a professional position outside the program. There are many positions available in various departments to include: Engineering, IT, Supply Chain, Statistical Programs, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Communications, Operations, Facilities, and Sales. Trainees will rotate through applicable business functions as he/she acquires increasingly more complex levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. All positions are located in the Washington, D.C. metro area with a July 11th, 2016 start date.

Hope we get some great applicants!

Thanks,

Thomas Trautman, M.S.
Selection Testing and Administration