IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Magana Njuguna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
3 Jul 2006 00:33:16 -0700 (PDT)Mon, 3 Jul 2006 00:33:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all!

  I recently started my practicum here in Nairobi, Kenya.  I am currently working for two companies, namely Tumaini Counseling Center and Resource Associates.  The former is a counseling center that is staffed with not only counseling psychologists but various others such as I/O and clinical psychologists.  They offer a variety of services to the Kenyan market based on their individual expertise.  Resource Associates on the other hand is a Human Resources consulting company.  The two have teamed up to create an assessment center that will consist of several different psychometric tests and inventories.
  So far, I have been involved in helping to select and research the type of tools that will be included in the entire package.  In order to have a "cafeteria style" center where the clients have a choice as to what tools they would like to utilize, we have included 2 personality inventories, 2 behavioural, 2 emotional intelligence tests as well as an interest/value inventory.
  Once all is in order, I will begin working on my specific project of creating general interview questions.  The company has a pretty sophisticated way of performing Job Analysis, which I will be using to complete my project. I will give more detail about the project once it is underway.
  Otherwise, hope all are well and enjoying the summer (as it is "winter" here on the other side of the hemisphere)!

  Magana Mungai