IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

Date:
21 Jun 2006 21:21:12 +0000Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:21:12 +0000
Hi everyone!

I've also started my practicum this summer. I am interning at the Center for Watershed Protection (CWP), a non-profit environmental group that provides technical resources and training to federal, state and local governments as well as other non-profit groups.

I'm actually working on two projects. The first is to assess the procedures used in making promotion/pay raise decisions. I'm in the process of developing a survey/questionnaire to give to the employees. The final product will be to make recommendations as to whether or not the current procedures should change, and how. The second project is to update the employee manual and make sure it is legally compliant. This includes making recommendations on how to change a few existing policies. For example, CWP wants to find a way to convert to a general leave system (instead of breaking it up into vacation/sick/personal, etc.). They also want to include a conflict of interest policy into the manual.

So that's what I've been up to. I'll keep everyone updated throughout the summer. Good luck to everyone in classes/working on the practicum!

Lani Nguyen
HR Intern
Center for Watershed Protection
8390 Main St, 2nd Floor