IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Tom Olenchock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
14 Jul 2010 18:28:48 -0400Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:28:48 -0400
IOintern,

Welcome to update 3 of my project to analyze job categories based on KSAOs.
When I last wrote, I was experiencing some difficulty in determining the
proper ratio of positions to allow for growth to higher paygrades.  It is
disappointing to report that in the past couple of weeks I have made little
progress on the research front.  I have decided instead to base the
structural determination on a simulation based on the previous 10 years loss
rates, promotion rates, and time delay between promotion points.  Setting up
the simulation up has taken much of the time I have been able to devote to
the project.

So where I stand on the project is simple.

1)      KSAO based categorization is complete.

2)      SME feedback collected and adjudicated.

3)      Position structure assessment to determine minimum size and
structure:  I am finalizing the simulation and will need to analyze the
outputs.  The inputs have been identified and formatted.

4)      Background research is mostly complete; however I am still searching
for some reference material and historic internal documentation.

5)      Final paper: still to be completed.

My immediate plans are to run and analyze the simulation (with the help of a
sharp Industrial Engineer) and to begin wrapping up the analysis.

Thank you,

Tom Olenchock