IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Charles Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:36:48 -0400
My name is Charles Glover and I am currently working on my Masters degree
at the University of Baltimore.
During summer and continuing into the fall semester I am interning, as well
as completing my practicum requirements, at the Elkton (Stonewall) Merck
pharmaceutical company site in Elkton, Virginia.

I am working on creating and sustaining a Recognition Program for the site
as well as several other smaller endeavors. I am currently enrolled in the
University of Baltimore’s Applied Psychology Master’s program.

This is my second posting. This week I will be meeting with the Site
Leadership Team to present a PowerPoint outlining the Recognition Program.
At the conclusion of the meeting I, along with my supervisor, will have the
direction for the remainder of the project concerning the implementation
and sustainability of the program. The focus of this program is to increase
the levels of engagement and intrinsic motivation for the employees at
Merck. A focus here has also been leadership, specifically transformational
leadership, and how to increase leadership’s engagement with their
employees. I will also continue monitoring Merck’s Voting Box survey system
where daily questions are presented to each area on site and scores are
electronically recorded and used to gain voice opinions.