IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"Elizabeth Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
15 Jun 2006 18:30:40 -0400Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:30:40 -0400
Hello everyone.  My name is Elizabeth Moore and I am doing a practicum this
summer at UB.   I wanted to let you know what I am working on for the
practicum and will keep you posted on developments throughout the summer.

I am working for an I/O Consultant in Baltimore who works with small
organizations to help them meet critical human resource objectives and
organizational initiatives.  Services provided include customized employee
policy manuals, job description development, performance management, and
staffing solutions.

I will be working with a general contractor company that serves both the
private and public sector.   My project will include developing multiple job
descriptions as well as performance appraisals (for office and field
positions).   So far, I have developed three job descriptions for office
positions.  I have also assisted in the creation of organizational charts to
represent the current structure as well as the organization's anticipated
structure in 12 months and again in 3-5 years.   I am beginning to identify
job dimensions for the first performance appraisal and will continue to
develop additional job descriptions.

I will keep you updated on my progress and post any questions/concerns that
come about as well.

Thank you!

Elizabeth