IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Natasha Perreault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
7 May 2012 14:56:36 -0400Mon, 7 May 2012 14:56:36 -0400
Here is more information about PTC!

Natasha Perreault, on behalf of the PTC Membership Committe.

*Are you an I/O Psychology student in the Washington Metropolitan Area
looking to connect with other I/O students and professionals? *

The Personnel Testing Council of the Metropolitan Washington Area (PTC/MW)
is growing fast, quickly becoming the premier local professional
organization for I/O psychology and related fields (HR, OD) in the United
States. The goal of PTC/MW is to advance the science and practice of I/O
psychology and related fields (HR, OD) through *high-value professional
development and networking opportunities*, providing unique opportunities
for student members to network with government, academic, and workplace
professionals across all areas of I/O.

* *

Visit our member page to join today! *Student membership is only $15 a year!
* http://www.ptcmw.org/ptcmw/membership.html

*What Does PTC Offer?*

Founded in 1977 by Stephen E. Bemis, a former Chief Psychologist in the
U.S. Department of Labor, PTC/MW is rapidly expanding its offering to
members:

-          An opportunity to connect and network with local I/O individuals
and organizations.

-          Periodic happy hours and networking events: critical for finding
that ideal internship or full-time applied or academic position!

-          Monthly luncheons (which are also live webcasts!) where I/O
professionals present and discuss research and latest best practices across
I/O.

-          Quarterly breakfast workshops offer hands-on interactive
experience in an area of applied I/O Psychology, facilitated by the experts
themselves!

-          Quarterly newsletters with articles about current research,
member updates, I/O innovations, and best practices.

-          Website frequently updated with: I/O job
listings<http://www.ptcmw.org/ptcmw/jobs-all-listings/>all around the
DC area,
calendar <http://www.ptcmw.org/ptcmw/calendar.html> of upcoming events and
conferences, popular
news<http://www.ptcmw.org/ptcmw/live-feed-popular-io-blogs.html>from
several I/O sources, and a real-time updated member directory.

-          ….and more benefits on the way!

To learn more about PTC/MW visit our website www.ptcmw.org.  If you would
like to talk with a representative from the PTC/MW membership committee,
you can contact [contact name] at [contact’s email address] for more
information about how PTC/MW can benefit you.